[Watch] Kishi Bashi - "I Am The Antichrist To You" (Official Video)
Kishi Bashi's debut album 151a is one of my favorites of the year so far, and the charm and wonder he brings to his music has also been brought to the video for his song "I Am The Antichrist To You." Directed by Kishi Bashi himself, the wondrous animated world brought to life in these visuals is colorful, vivid, and wholly captivating. Watch it above, and below you can read Kishi Bashi's own description of the tale he presents in this video.
Once he belonged to someone.
He had a big floppy ear like a puppy and a tiny tail like a bunny.
Nobody knew what he was, but it didn't matter to them anymore.
He was abandoned on the street. There he found a hat that was also dumped, and they both decided to take a journey in search of a better place.
The puppy and the hat sailed away in the dark ocean...
One day, they arrived to The Island, where All the creatures were once someones'
family, friend or lover.
No one can visit the island except the ones who came here abandoned...
He met there the pink bunny with whom they spent many years rediscovering happiness again. Then the numbers from their other world arrived..."
Kishi Bashi has also announced tour dates in support of 151a, two of which will be opening performances for Passion Pit. Check out the full docket after the jump.
Kishi Bashi 2012 Tour Dates:
- Jul 16 - Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works*
- Jul 17 - Knoxville, TN - The Valarium*
- Jul 19 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore*
- Jul 20 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa*
- Jul 26 - New York, NY - Joe's Pub (2 shows)
- Jul 27 - Washington, DC - U Street Music Hall
- Jul 28 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fire
- Jul 29 - Allston, MA - Great Scott
- Jul 30 - Montreal, QC - Quai Des Brumes
- Jul 31 - Toronto, ON - Rivoli
- Aug 1 - Detroit, MI - Lager House
- Aug 2 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues** (Lollapalooza Pre-show)
- Aug 3 - Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
- Aug 4 - St. Louis, MO - Off Broadway Nightclub
- Aug 5 - Memphis, TN - Hi Tone Cafe
- Aug 6 - Atlanta, GA - 529
- Aug 7 - Durham, NC - Garage @ Motorco
- Sept 2 - Los Angeles, CA - FYF Fest
- Sept 8 - Portland, OR - Doug Fir Lounge (MusicFest NW)
- Sept 20 - New York, NY - Central Park Summer Stage^
- Oct 12 - Austin, TX - Lambert's
- Oct. 13 - Austin Texas - Austin City Limits
* w/ Pasion Pit
** w/ Passion Pit and GIVERS
^ w/ Dr. Dog